Texas Political Lobbyist News
News and information for Texas lobbyists, politicians, government advocates and consultants, and all interested parties.
The following is a public document from the Texas Senate websites and is presented here by the Texas Lobby Group for your convenience.
Select Interim Charges Relating to Border Security
The Lieutenant Governor today released the following select interim charges:
Transportation & Homeland Security Committee
- Examine the impact of border violence and illegal trafficking on the Texas economy, including the infringement on Texas property rights. Make recommendations for enhancing Border security and maximizing federal resources targeted for this purpose.
- Study the appropriate role of Texas state military forces in enhancing the safety of all Texans, and make recommendations for improving the coordination, accountability, and effectiveness of all components of our state military forces, including the national, state, and air guards. Identify limitations on the forces providing border security and other operations, and make recommendations for better coordination with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. (Joint Charge with the Transportation & Homeland Security Committee)
Joint Interim Committee to Study Human Trafficking
- Study the services available for victims of human trafficking provided by federal, state, and local agencies and non-governmental organizations, including the long-range need for safe houses and shelters and the best practices for public/private partnerships providing services to victims. Review procedures and services available for youth that have been identified as sex trafficking victims, including analysis of the appropriate criminal penalties associated with prostitution.
Criminal Justice Committee
- Review statutes and regulations relating to money laundering to enhance state, federal, and local efforts to combat money laundering and enforce administrative and criminal actions against perpetrators of money laundering.
- Monitor the implementation of legislation relating to human trafficking in coordination with the Joint Interim Committee to Study Human Trafficking.